Track association to MC particles
- VELO part:
If ³70% of the clusters are associated
to the same MC particle, then the VELO part
is associated to a MC particle (id_velo).
- TT part:
If all clusters
except one are associated to the same MC particle, then the TT part is
associated to a MC particle (id_TT).
- T part:
If ³70% of clusters are associated to the same MC particle,
then the T part is
associated to a MC particle (id_T).
- Long tracks:
id_velo == id_T, no check on id_TT
Exception: If the MC particle in T(id_T) is a daughter of the MC particle
in the VELO(id_VELO), then the track is associated to both MC particles.
- Upstream tracks: id_T
- Downstream tracks: id_velo == id_TT
- Else, track is defined as a ghost.
- Sum of associations of the hits to MC particles inside a cluster.
- VELO: A MC particle is related to a MCVeloFE if it contributes > 10% of
The VeloSimParams::threshold value is by default 4500 electrons.
- ST : A MC particle is related to a digit if it contributes more than 10% to
the total deposited charge.
- OT : Any MC particle having a MCHit in OT is associated
to an OTDigit. (Can there be more than one MC particle associated to the same
- TO BE KEPT IN MIND: Hits from spillover events have by default no link to
the MC truth, therefore any track reconstructed from a spillover MC particle
is a ghost.